Saturday, March 26, 2011

Crockpot Yumminess

As a working mother, I have a love affair with my crockpot. Not having to worry about cooking in the evenings while trying to spend some quality time with my daughter is the definition of happiness for me. And if the ingredients are few and easy, even better.

So I was delighted when I started browsing Sparkrecipes and found so many crockpot dishes. I hit save so many times I almost broke the button. To date, we have tried two of the recipes. The first was Slow-cooker Salsa Chicken http://recipes.sparkpeople.com
/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=
672711 , it was so good my family almost died of the deliciousness. The second recipe was Easy Slow-cooker Beef and Mushrooms recipes.sparkpeople.com/
recipe-detail.asp?recipe=5
09968

So delicious my husband hasn't stopped talking about it yet.

With both dishes I served it with some brown rice (a rice cooker enables my no effort cooking strategy) and some microwavable veggies. In warmer weather we have fresh, local, organic produce delivered but in the winter we make do with frozen.

I would have taken pictures but we gobbled it all up too fast.

The best part is that my family hardly even knows they are eating healthy. The only hard part is exercising some portion control. I can't wait to try out the next recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment