Monday, March 21, 2011

100 Days to Summer- Week 1

First things first. At this mornings weigh-in, I was 218. That's a 1.6 lb loss this week. Pretty good but for several days last week I was below 218, I know all about fluctuations and water and that stuff but you always wish you could be at your lowest on "official" weigh-in day. But I'm happy. A loss is a loss. I'll work harder this week. I know a few areas in my eating that need to be tightened up.

Cardio- 5 points.
It came down to the 11th hour. I was dancing and doing the kickboxing video at 9:00 last night, but I got it all done. May I just say, I HATE the jumping video. I have a 2 mm vertical leap. Getting the miles in wasn't a problem and I did jumping jacks in my office during lunch. I really liked having this plan to get some extra cardio in, I need it.

Strength- 5 points
Honestly, this was easy peasy. I did the squats throughout the day at work and knocked out the other tasks in a single evening. Looks like things have been taken up a notch for week 2 which is awesomesauce, because I really need some toning.

Nutrition- 5 points
Another one that was pretty easy. I've said before, I have a healthy baseline diet I just have a bad habit of binging on crap on top of the healthy diet. None of the tasks were about restriction so I had no problems. I know a lot of people have trouble with the fiber. Here are some of my fave ways to get fiber.
Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal
Lentil Soup
Triscuits
Morningstar Farms Black Bean Burgers
Raisins
Legumes, legumes, legumes!

Balance- 3
Ummm, not so great. I just didn't get the meditating done. I would forget or my mind would be too busy to even attempt a try. I will try again this week. This one should have been 4 points but I couldn't think of an action until after I had submitted my points and realized that night weaning my baby last week was a huge action towards my well-being. Now I will get some sleep!!! Oh well.

Monday Weigh-in
Last week: 220.2
Today: 218

That means I've met my first goal.



230 starting weight-1/12/11
220- 10 lbs- Jump start-3/14/11
209- 21 lbs- no longer obese
200- 30 lbs -prebaby weight
174- 56 lbs- no longer fat
160- 70 lbs-Healthy weight




Week 2 looks like it will be pretty similar to week one as far time goes. Scheduling this stuff out is key for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment