Monday, February 28, 2011

Update

It’s been a while. I know. Nobody reads this blog though, so really it doesn’t matter.

Quick update: Still fat, not pregnant. I’m still trying to work on both of those.

I’ll admit that weight wise, the holidays were bad. When you are an emotional eater and have a miscarriage 2 days before Thanksgiving, well you can guess how that ends. No holiday treat was left unscarfed.

This morning I weighed in at 224.4- that’s about 6 lbs up from what I lost in the spring. Worse, I’ve recently lost about 5 lbs. So I’m starting over. Will it last. I hope so but it’s the same old song and dance.

I’ve actually been working out consistently for a couple of weeks now. I’m training for a 5K in April. I was hesitant about running because of my weight but I finally decided, what the fuck. I mean, it’s worse for my knees to sit on the couch getting fatter and fatter. I’ve really been enjoying it. I have to admit though, it is a major ego hit to be back at a beginner program. I’m hoping this old body will remember how to do it and I’ll be clocking in more miles in the not to distant future. I’m trying to focus more on eating right and exercise as a means to get me in better running shape. Right now that is working as a good motivator.

We are still trying to have another baby. We’ve only had a couple of cycles since the miscarriage so there is no cause for alarm yet. I’ll gladly put any weight loss on hold if we get lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment