Monday, February 28, 2011

Feeling someone else's age.

When I used to exercise a lot, the one thing that never went away was being sore and tight in the mornings when I got out of bed. Then I got pregnant and stopped exercising but getting out of bed was still an ordeal for other reasons. Then I had the baby and didn't exercise and getting out bed stopped hurting.

I didn't realize that until this morning. After 2 runs and some weights this weekend, I felt it when I got up this morning. My calves were so tight as I hobbled to the nursery, I must have looke like Franstein to my daughter as I hobbled in. It bought it all back and reminded me of the one downside to running. Luckily it's not enough to stop me. In fact I kind of like it, in a sick way.

My pain was enhanced by the fact that on Saturday as I was walking into Target, carrying my daughter I tripped over a curb and fell. Since I was holding the baby I could reach out to brace or slow myself down and I turned to protect her so the left side of my body took the brunt of the fall. I was uninjured minus a few scraps and a major blow to my pride and the baby was completely unscathed, but I am a bit sore from the event.

So I started out this morning feeling 48 rather than 38 but rather than deter me, it just makes me want to get in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment