Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nice long update- with a suprise in the middle.

Yeah, it's been a while. That's just the kind of blogger I am...i.e. not a good one. I'll do a very quick update, that will likely end up being very long.

When we last spoke, I had recently dropped about 12 lbs and was working on dropping more. And I did. By the end of May, I had dropped 11 more pounds, making a total of 23 from mid-February through the end of May. Putting me at a non-obese 207 lbs.

230 starting weight-1/12/11
220- 10 lbs- Jump start-3/14/11
209- 21 lbs- no longer obese
200- 30 lbs -prebaby weight
174- 56 lbs- no longer fat
160- 70 lbs-Healthy weight

I was running regularly and getting my shit together. I was well on my way to MILF status. I ran a 5K for the first time in 2 years and was up to running 5 miles on the weekends. Jillian and I were homies. I was a regular on SparkPeople.
There is actually a 20lb difference between the left and right pictures.




Then something happened. I know what you're thinking. Another story about how she fell off the wagon complete with excuses.

Well, this time your wrong. I didn't fall off the wagon. I have been tracking my food and eating healthy. I don't run much these days because it's hotter than hells playground where I live. But I haven't been losing weight.

Because on May 29th, this happened.
Sorry it is such a blurry picture. My phone sucks ass.


Yeah, that's right. I am, as they say in England, up the duff. Which sounds really dirty but cracks me up so I like to use the phrase. How's that for an excuse?

I am very excited and a little terrified. One kid is a lot of work, two kids blows my mind.

I'm not out of the woods yet with this pregnancy and it hasn't all been peaches and cream. I was so excited when I made it to 6 weeks 4 days because that was further than my last pregnancy. Only to start spotting the next day. I was crushed. I was certain that it was over. I knew that we wouldn't try again.

But then the spotting stopped. And that wasn't all like last time. So I had a little hope. And then we went to the doctor and saw this.
Measuring perfectly. Heart beating wildly. Just like mine and Scott's. We were so freaking nervous. I was afraid to be optimistic, but there it was.

I am only 10 weeks, so like I said, I'm not out the woods, but I felt like sharing. Next week I have an OB appointment and the following week is my NT scan. Assuming those go well, we'll come out of the closet then.


As I mentioned above, I have been continuing to track my foods and eat healthy. I really, really can't gain like I did in my first pregnancy. To date I have gained only 1 lb. That is more attributable to a vacation in Tennessee than pregnancy though. I hope to not gain anymore in the first trimester and gain only 20ish for the whole pregnancy. For me, that means keeping very close tabs on what I'm eating.

I have switched to tracking food at myfitnesspal.com (eleesee) because it is just so much easier.

So that's up with me. I'll hopefully be back before 3 months have gone by again.




No comments:

Post a Comment