Monday, July 18, 2011

11 Weeks

How Far Along: 11 Weeks
Symptoms: Still some nausea and fatigue but it is getting better.
Showing?: No, but my gut is getting firmer.
Weight Gain: None so far!
Milestones: Baby is a fetus!

I had an appointment this morning. Should have been a quick step on the scale, pee in a cup, listen to heartbeat, see ya in a month thing. But when she ran the Doppler along my pubic bone repeatedly, there was nothing but the sounds of my innards (delightful, no?). I got a little nervous. I knew that at 11 weeks hearing the heartbeat on the Doppler was a little iffy but I was hoping we would get lucky and I wouldn't be in limbo for even a minute.

And it was only a minute. The ultrasound machine was quickly brought in and in no time we saw our little parasite bouncing around inside his comfy house. According the midwife, when they are that small and active it is hard to get a heartbeat. And apparently my uterus is tipped way back, which is the first I've ever heard of that. Anyway, that's enough about my girl parts. Munchkin is doing well and so is mama. No weight gain so far, in fact I was 2 lbs lower than at my last appt but that is mainly due to daily fluctuations.





No comments:

Post a Comment