Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fat Tuesday

OK, I know I have been MIA for the last couple of weeks. It seems I never have two hands free to type when I am at home. I haven't forgotten about my mission though.

I decided to join Weight Watchers to help me with the weight loss. They have meeting right in my building at work so it is convenient and doesn't cause me to take time away from my baby girl. I don't really need them to teach me how to eat or teach me anything about nutrition. This isn't my first time around the weight loss block and I've read and studied everything there is to know about it. It does, however, provide me with some accountability and structure. Both are good things for me, especially right now when life is chaotic and it's easy to lose focus.

I've found that counting points is much more enjoyable than counting calories. I can't say what the difference is though.

A quick summary of my WW journey so far.
Initial weigh-in 4/26  233.6 lbs
Week 1          5/3     230.6
Week 2          5/10   227.8 (got a 5lb star)
Week 3          5/17   227.8

So it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I'm determined though. It won't be a quick fix, but I need to do it for me and my daughter. I hope she never struggles with her weight. It really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment