Friday, October 28, 2011

A big, whiney weight vent

I am at a complete loss when it comes to my weight gain right now. It is simply impossible. At 19 weeks, I had gained a whopping 4 pounds. I was feeling smug. I'm all, "I've got this."  Famous last words. Fast forward to today, 25 weeks 4 days and I have a gained a total of 19 pounds.

What the effing eff!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If you can't do that math let me help you, that is 15 pounds in just over 6 weeks. Or 2.5 pounds per week for 6 weeks. How is that even possible?

Have I been eating fettucini alfredo morning, noon and night? No. I hate alfredo sauce.

Did I crawl into an extra large tub of movie theater popcorn and eat my way out? No. I wish because that would mean that I have both seen a movie recently and got to eat popcorn. Sadly, neither of these things have happened.


In fact, I have continued to carefully track my calories almost everyday. Most days look like this.

Where my daily goal is the number of calories required to maintain my current weight. When it should take 500 calories over and above this number to gain a pound a week, my current rate of weight gain suggests that I am consuming 1250 extra calories per day!! That is simply not the case!!

Am I perfect every day? Of course not but I am on target most days and the days I go over I do not go over by thousands of calories. For the last week, I have eaten a more gestational diabetes friendly diet which is lower in carbs and have almost eliminated refined carbs and the result, I gained 2 pounds.

I know some of this is water retention, but by looking and my hands and feet I can tell that it's not a lot. 

I don't know what to do. I am on the path to gain at least 50 pounds while I'm pregnant just like last time. And that weight did not fall off. It stuck around until I forced it off. I don't want to have to start all over again. I feel like giving up and just diving into a pizza.


I am frustrated. Very, very frustrated.



No comments:

Post a Comment