Friday, February 24, 2012

Fat Friday

In the days immediately following birth, something wonderful happens. Even when you are eating pizza and chips and cookies, you still drop 2-3 pounds per day. Oh sure, you know it’s water but the scale is dropping and you can’t help but feel glee.
And then it stops. And you have to face the reality of how many pounds you gained that weren’t baby. Today was that day. For the last three days the scale has stayed the same so I think I can reasonably say that my official post-baby weight is:
227 lbs
Yuck and better. Yuck, because that means I am only 3 pounds under the 230 I was last year when I finally got in gear towards weight loss. And better, because this time I’m 16-18 pounds (depending on the scale) higher than my pre-pregnancy weight versus the 30 I gained when I was pregnant with Caroline.
And here it is, my 11 day post-partum body. Seriously, last week there was an 11 pound baby in that belly! I have no waistline at the moment but I think improvement is almost inevitable.
IMG_0120
So now we begin. I’ll start tracking my food next week after my houseguests leave and aim for around 2,000 calories a day. I won’t be perfect. I’m a stress eater and 2 little kids can be stressful but I’ll be doing my best.
More importantly, I’m counting down the days until I can start running again. I don’t know where I’ll find the time for the runs but I’ll do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment